Objectives of the Programme
The N5TeAM joint curriculum has been developed to take advantage of the strengths and research specialization of each member university.
The N5TeAM curriculum covers a broad range of engineering and theoretical topics giving the students a solid knowledge in fundamental topics of mathematics and a wide range focus and application areas. The subject areas include
- numerical analysis
- applied mathematical analysis
- cryptology and coding theory
- partial differential equations
- stochastics, computational and spatial statistics
- computational mechanics, geosciences, and geometric integration
Knowledge and understanding
A master’s student with a degree from the N5TeAM programme has:
- qualified and broad knowledge in the field of Applied and Engineering Mathematics including techniques for mathematical modeling, analysis of mathematical models, and simulation,
- profound competencies in mathematical and computational disciplines which are applicable in industry, business world, and public administration,
- qualified knowledge in a certain area of applied mathematics which comes close to active areas of research and allows for actively taking part in research.
Skills and abilities
A master's student with a degree from the N5TeAM programme has the ability to:
- formulate mathematical models, choose suitable methods to investigate these models including the efficient use of computer tools,
- analyze different mathematical models within science and technology and work creatively, systematically and critically
- find strategies for the solution of different types of mathematical models using knowledge about the possibilities and limitations of the different methods and tools,
- communicate effectively with professionals within applied and engineering mathematics as well as with persons working with different scientific-technological applications in an interdisciplinary context,
- communicate effectively with management as well as society at large using written and oral presentations,
- cooperate effectively with colleagues with different cultural backgrounds.
Ability to make judgements and adopt a standpoint
A master’s student with a degree from the N5TeAM programme can:
- critically judge validity and limitations of results obtained from different types of mathematical models,
- identify the need for further knowledge in the field and take responsibility for keeping his/her personal knowledge up to date.