Application quick guide
- Read instructions for applying and admission requirements carefuly.
- Register to the Apply-online application system
- Fill in the online application form and submit it
- Send the printed and signed application form with all the required documents to N5TeAM Admission Office by the given deadline
- You are responsible for checking the status of your application yourself in the online application system. If you notice that some documents are missing from your application, you should send the missing documents by the deadline.
- You will get email when the selection results are released.
Registrating to the online application system
- Go to the Apply -online application service https://apply.aalto.fi/
- Register as a user of the application service (Register -> Create a local user account)
- E-mail will be used for contacting you during the selection process. It is very important that you use an e-mail address that is valid through the entire selection process.
- When you have filled in the registration form, the application service will send a confirmation link to your e-mail address. Follow the instructions in the e-mail to complete the registration.
Filling in the application form
Link to the on-line application system: https://apply.aalto.fi/
Link to the online application form: Link opens 1 December
After registration you´ll find the application form in the Apply-system (https://apply.aalto.fi/)
Tips on filling in the application form::
- In the application form, your personal contact information and your educational background are asked. E-mail will be used for contacting you during the selection process. It is very important that you use an e-mail address that is valid through the entire selection process.
- The motivation letter is part of the on-line application form: You can prepare it in advance (max. 4000 characters) and copy-paste it directly to the online form. Pay attenton to your motivation letter: Your motivation to stydy in the programme is taken into consifderation when your application is evaluated.
- Please note that it is not possible to change the study track after the student selection. Select only those study tracks (in order of preference) that you are interested in and able to follow: Info on the Study Tracks
- Your on-line session will expire in 120 minutes if you do not keep it active. Unsaved data will be lost.
- You can save your application form even if it is incomplete, and it is possible to return to modify your application data before submitting it.
- After you have completed the application form, click the Save button.
- When you are ready to submit your application form, click the Submit button on the Case details tab.
You cannot print out the form before it is submitted!
- After you have submitted your application, you must print out the form. You can do this on the Case details tab. Download the application as pdf file and print it. In some internet browsers you must first save the downloaded pdf file to your computer (right click pdf icon -> save as) and open it from there before printing.
- Sign the application form and send it to N5TeAM Admission Office at Aalto University with all the required documents so that your application arrives by the deadline.
Send your application and the required documents to:
Aalto University School of Science
P.O. Box 15400
FI-00076 AALTO (city: Espoo)
(if you use a courier service, street address: Konemiehentie 2, room A225, city: 02150 Espoo, Finland, tel. +358-50-569 9264)
It is the applicant’s responsibility to make sure the applications arrive to the admissions office in time. We do not accept late applications under any circumstances.
Tips on a good application:
- Pay close attention to the instructions and follow them to the letter. Incomplete applications are not evaluated.
- Please do not use staples or paper clips, simply arrange the papers in order.
- Do not enclose documents in separate envelopes (only the recommendation letters and transcripts that arrive directly from the university may be in sealed envelopes).
- Interleaves are not necessary.
Supporting documents: In addition to all the required documents, a good application has the relevant supporting documents. Use your good judgement when choosing which supporting documents to include in the application. The application does not get better by the amount of documents provided. On the contrary, irrelevant documents may weaken the application.
Do not send any documents by e-mail.
Monitoring your application status
When your paper application with the required documents has arrived at the Aalto University School of Science, it will be checked. Only eligible applications will proceed to the academic evaluation. Ineligible applications are rejected at this stage (application can be ineligible, for example, if required documents are missing).
You are responsible for checking the status of your application yourself.
- You can monitor the status of your application in the online application system by logging in and choosing Monitoring application process on your Case details page.
- If you notice that some documents are missing from your application, you should send the missing documents by the deadline.
- During the selection process, we are not able to comment on individual applications or their position.
If your contact information changes during the selection process
If your contact information changes during the selection process, you are responsible for updating it in the online application system. You can update your information by logging in to the application system and selecting User details from the navigation tree on the left. You must confirm the changes with your password. Please note that if you change your e-mail address, your username will remain the same (i.e. the e-mail address you used when registering).