Study at two universities, graduate with a double degree, and gain all-round mathematical skills!
The central subjects in programme
are the theories of ordinary and partial differential equations, numerical methods for differential equations, probability and statistics, numerical linear algebra, optimization and discrete mathematics.The focal point is learning to turn the engineering and applied science problems into mathematical questions, and looking for the solutions.
N5TeAM offers five specialisation lines and elevens study tracks:
- Applied Stochastics and Statistics (Chalmers-NTNU, NTNU-Chalmers)
- Compuational Mechanics (Aalto-Chalmers, DTU-NTNU, KTH-NTNU)
- Cryptology and Coding Theory (Aalto-DTU, NTNU-DTU)
- High Performance and Scientific Computing (KTH-Aalto, Chalmers-Aalto)
- Scientific Computing and Biocomputing (DTU-KTH, NTNU-KTH)
You´ll find more information on study tracks and the curricula are on the Study Track webpage.
The programme brings the students to a Nordic Five Tech environment,
which gives you the chance to study at two leading technical universities in the Nordic region:
- Aalto University School of Science in Finland
- The Technical University of Denmark
- KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Sweden
- The Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Chalmers University of Technology in Sweden.
During the first year, instruction consists of theoretical courses that prepare students for specialization in the second year. These studies include individual project works. After the first academic year, a common summer school is organized for all students in the programme.
The language of instruction is English. Upon graduation, students will receive a degree from both of the two universities they studied at (a double degree).